Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 6 Take 2

So I took another detour/break in the journey. God is good thought! I am back on the track, just not sure which part of the track. :-)

Tonight after a 5 minute brisk walk, I ran 10 minutes, then walked for 3 minutes, then ran again for 10 minutes and then walked for 5 minutes and then cooled down. I ran mostly at 5.0 mph and at 5.5 mph for 30 seconds toward the end. I walked at 3.5 mph. I am hoping to run for 25 minutes on Saturday. Before my workout at the Nome Recreation Center, I met up with at friend in the earlier part of the evening and walked in the beautiful sun and snow in 15 degree weather! There was no wind - it was indeed marvelous! We walked for about 45 minutes total.

Tonight's sermon was one I needed to hear again. Staying focused on God is tough when there are so many other gods to distract us. These gods include money, prestige, power, facebook, twitter, texting, internet...basically anything that is used way more than necessary. Hearing this sermon is timely as I ponder what to either fast from for Lent. I am sure it will become all too clear by Ash Wednesday...March 9. I already have an inkling, but will pray about it before I totally commit.

The journey is back on and continues...

No comments: