Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 6 Day 2

Well, I was supposed to run last night, but got on a roll with the writing project that is before me. By the time I was ready to go, the Nome Recreation Center was closing. I went instead this morning around 6:00 am. I know, I do prefer to do my workouts at night but I was wide awake at 6:00 am. After a brisk 5 minute walk, I ran for 10 minutes @ 5.0 mph and then walked for 3 minutes at 3.5 mph and then ran another 10 minutes @ 5.0 mph. I cooled down by walking for 5 minutes. There were not many people at the NRC this morning. My next workout will be to run for 25 minutes. I know that a good sermon will sustain me and knowing that I am getting closer and closer to running for 30 minutes excites me!

The sermons I listened to today are about our need for Jesus - our need for God. If we let God do the guiding we can be at peace. Life is not easy, but with God at the helm we can do anything. It's just too easy for us to want to take the helm and then ask God to take over when life all of a sudden becomes difficult. It happens to many, if not all, of us.

The journey continues....with God at the helm....God, thank you for being on the this journey with me and all others who are reading along....

No comments: