Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 5 Day 2

I just got back from Week 5 Day 2 on my journey toward preparing to run a 5k sometime this in 2011. After a brisk walk of 5 minutes, I ran 8 minutes at 5.1 mph, then walked 5 minutes at 3.7 mph, ran 8 more minutes, then finished by walking 5 minutes. Running 8 minutes at a time seemed to go by pretty fast - I probably could have run faster, but could have tired out more quickly. This weekend I am supposed to run 20 minutes after a 5 minute brisk walk. I am hoping that a good sermon podcast will spur me on as it did tonight!!

The sermon I listened to this evening was entitle "If I Don't Do It...Remember Rule #6" by Rev. Adam Hamilton. Several weeks ago I mentioned that I heard a sermon and felt inspired to cut something out of my life. This week I finally made the tough decision to step back from two organizations that I work with in my spare time. Both of these organizations are really important to me. I am still supporting both of these organizations, just not in the major ways I was previously. It was not easy for me to say no. Listening to the sermon tonight helped affirm for me that sometimes we have to say no so that we can prepare the way for others to say yes. What may be on the verge of burning me out could be a blessing for someone else to do. Saying no to these two major commitments is allowing me to say yes to other things in the works in my life that need my attention. I am grateful for saying yes to running and the opportunity it has brought me to listen to sermon podcasts. I am more engaged on both the physical and the spiritual fronts when I do them together. I thank God for guiding me to this place. I feel as though I have found my spiritual home. Praise be to God!!

The journey continues...

No comments: