Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 5 Day 1 - Take 2

After a week of traveling and getting back into the swing of things in Nome, I ended up taking a week off from training for a 5k. I decided to repeat week 5 since I only did day 1. It seemed to go just fine. I hope to continue with Week 5 Day 2 on Thursday.

Tonight I listened to another couple sermon podcasts on Christmas. I know it sounds crazy, but I have enjoyed listening to these sermons during the season of Epiphany. We can either look back at Christmas 2010 or look ahead to Christmas 2011. Christ was a beautiful gift to us that we must never take for granted. Christmas is about Christ and often we make it about ourselves and what we want. How can we just be and enjoy during the Christmas season? With Easter coming up, will we face some of the same anticipation and family dynamics? People in our lives say things that can really hurt us. The preacher I listened to tonight suggested that when someone says something hurtful to us, this is an opportunity for us to pray for that person. They may be feeling insecure about themselves and need the prayers to deal with what they have going on in their lives. This is all easier said than done. May we all strive to be Christlike and see those who hurt us through the eyes of God. We just may be surprised.

The journey continues...


No comments: