Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2 Day 1

Here we are at Week 2 Day 1 of training for a 5k. The routine this week has added 30 seconds more running and 30 seconds more walking per cycle. This means that after a brisk 5 minute warm-up walk, I am jogging for 90 seconds followed by 2 minutes of walking. I repeat the jog/walk cycle 6 times in 21 minutes. Then I cool down for 4 minutes. I enjoy the challenge and structure the training offers. Looking forward to the other two days this week to workout - Thursday and Saturday. My left hip hurts a little bit, but I am sure it will get better with time. Thank goodness for the day or two of rest between workouts. The shoes my sister-in-law helped me pick out are comfortable. I feel that they offer me good support around the ankles. Tonight I also had the nerve to have David take my picture to post. Periodically I hope to post photos. For those of you on this journey as well, thank you for inspiring me!! I will post the photo as soon as I get it from David.

No comments: