Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 3 Day 1

I just got back from training - Week 3 Day 1. I have to admit that a tiny bit of me secretly wanted to stay home. I did decide to go and David went with me!!! Phew! What a guy! He was working out on an elliptical machine down the row from me as I did my workout. He asked the guy next to him if the cassette player he brought belonged in the Smithsonian and all of a sudden there was much light bantering around the workout room. Many of us agreed that the cassette player was from the 80's and maybe did belong in the Smithsonian! All in good fun!

I did enjoy my jog/walk this evening. At first I was overly ambitious and started jogging at 5.2 mph. Then I realized that I would burn myself out quickly. I dropped to 5.0 mph thinking that Thursday I would try 5.1 mph and then 5.2 mph on Saturday. We'll see how that rhythm works - Tuesdays 5.0; Thursdays 5.1; Saturday 5.2. I feel good and was pleased to be able to jog for more than 90 seconds - 3 minutes in fact! I am excited that my endurance is increasing. I am continuing to enjoy the journey toward 5k. I am really glad I did not stay home tonight!!

Also, I listened to another sermon podcast on prayer. The challenge in this sermon was to be intentional about prayer and not to pray 2 second text message-type prayers. May we all be intentional in our prayer lives!! It's all part of the journey!

The journey continues....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie - I'm so proud of you! Keep up your good work!