Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2 Day 3 - Day After

I am happy for a couple days of rest before beginning Week 3. Last night I was wearing some of my shoes that I cannot exercise in because they just do not give me the support I need around the ankle. I call them my "look good" shoes because they are cute and look good with jeans which is what I mostly wear. They are like tennis shoes, but billed more as hiking shoes. Yeah right! When I bought them a few months ago I expected to be able to hike in them or at least walk in them. Anyway, I know not to wear them to jog or walk briskly. What I did not expect was that they caused my ankle to hurt when I wore them several hours after my workout. Consequently, I was limping as I wore them and even for a few hours after I took them off. Because I spent more money on my "look good" shoes than I would normally spend on a pair of shoes, I am reluctant to give them away. I want to get my money's worth out of them. On the other hand, I cannot live my life in pain especially when I am trying to get healthier and build up my endurance to run a 5k. The soreness of exercising is one thing. Pain for the sake of stylishness is another. I hope someone else will be able to wear the shoes comfortably that have given me so much pain. I am, however, grateful for the actually running shoes that my sister-in-law helped me pick out. Thank you, Rachel!! Thank you for your wisdom and for your inspiration!!

3 comments:

löki gale said...

http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?Rank=Month&Month=4&State=AK&Page=1

:O

Sue said...

About hanging on to those hurting shoes...you never know what journeys THEY may need to go on! Kaci Fullwood once brought home a used pair of shoes from the Methodist thrift shop for her son, Joseph. Joseph didn't like them that much so he gave them to me, when I was renting their little cabin. I wore them for awhile and took them with me when I moved back to Fairbanks, and two years later when Glen and I got married, He wore them!

Julie said...

Sue, I think I'll donate those shoes tomorrow...they need to begin their new journey asap!