Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 4 Day 2

Today I realized that I am in my second trimester of training. I feel a sense of accomplishment. Today I jogged at 5.3 mph & walked at 3.7 mph. I felt like I was on Kairos Time (aka God's time) tonight.

I got to the Rec Center with just enough time for my work out. I enjoyed singing and visiting with the Inupiaq Methodist Choir. We sang many of our translated songs in preparation for 5 opportunities to sing in the month of February. Exercising the lungs while singing, exercising the spirit while singing and praying, and exercising the smile muscles while chatting with a three year old. Then exercising the whole body while listening to a sermon podcast on following God's will for our lives. Loving God, Loving Neighbor - striving to serve others with their best interest at heart. Luke 10:27 says, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" As we love others, we are loving them in Christ's name - we are striving to love them as God would love them. We may not always do it perfectly, but that does not mean that we should not keep trying. Life is a journey and a journey with God is one filled with grace.

May your journey be filled with God's grace. And the journey continues...

No comments: